Pages

Instagram

Tuesday 21 July 2015

The Biggest Book Haul in the History of Book Hauls


Hello lovely people - so, this morning I woke up and decided firstly, to skip my first day of uni (this semester is off to a great start I know). Secondly, I decided I would be super productive (aside from the fact that I'm skipping uni) and finally donate a few books that I would likely never read, or have read and didn't like, from my overcrowded bookshelf. During this process, it occurred to me just how many books I had accumulated at an obsessive pace over the last few months. Thus, I present to you - the biggest book haul in the history of book hauls. 
"To All the Boys I've Loved Before" - Jenny Han. Recommended to me by the wonderful Cindy - I loved it & can't wait to read the sequel!

My John Green collection is officially complete.

"Looking for Alaska" -  John Green. The first John Green Book I read - also a future movie adaptation, I really wish John Green would stop making movie adaptations so he can write more novels. Please.

"Paper Towns" - John Green. Would have to honestly say one of my least favourite novels of his but of course it had its beautifully written moments

"Dark Places" - Gillian Flynn. To Be Read before the movie comes out but I literally never am in the mood for a thriller....


"Maze Runner Series" - James Dashner. I purchased this after seeing the film but have yet to read it

I bought it off book depository a while back for ~$30, I recently discovered it is $19 at Kmart -.-"


 "Dreams of Gods and Monsters" - Laini Taylor. Oh my god, I have waited for this book for the LONGEST time to be released - and when it was finally came, it was only available in the gigantism version which of course would not be congruent with the rest of the series so i had to wait ANOTHER YEAR for it to become a normal size. Nevertheless, it is here, in my possession, and I am currently reading it. Finally. 
The completed trilogy  Daughter of Smoke and Bone - the satisfaction of owning a complete series trumps no other. The first book in the series is a signed copy by the author & I actually got the chance to meet her at Brisbane's Writer Festival!

"The Goldfinch" - Donna Tartt. I bought this book because of its hype but let's be real, I'm probably not going to read this for at least 5 years.
"Norwegian Wood" - Haruki Murakami. One of my favourite Murakami novels - it's a book that's hard to explain...I loved it so much I couldn't pick up another book for a while

"Hard-boiled Wonderland and the End of the World" - Haruki Murakami. Aren't you just in love with these covers though?

"The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle" - Haruki Murakami. I had coveted this book for a while and Tom finally bought it for me on my birthday :)

"Under the Never Sky Trilogy" - Veronica Rossi. Another birthday gift - this trilogy was gifted by Ellie. The covers are sooo pretty <3 

 On a tragic note, I accidentally started the LAST book thinking it was the first and practically ruined the entire series for myself...haha..*cry*
"The Shock of the Fall" - Nathan Filer. Actually picked this up at an op shop for a dollar.

"All the Bright Places" - Jennifer Niven. I finished this book within 24 hours - and spent the last 20 minutes of it crying my freaking eyes out. It covers such an important topic, and so well, I really hope the movie with Elle Fanning as the lead, will do it justice. I can only imagine I'll be crying even harder in that. 

"We Were Liars" - E.Lockhart. I also read this book within 24 hours, it is so suspenseful, genuinely creepy in some parts and wow that ending though...
"The Rosie Project" - Graeme Simsion. One of my more lighthearted reads for a long time, I legitimately laughed out loud in some parts. 
"I'll Give You the Sun" - Jandy Nelson. A beautiful contemporary YA, so different and amazing

"A Court of Thorns and Roses" - Sarah J. Maas. Another book that Tom bought me - some advice: find a boy who will buy you books and keep him. 

From the boyfriend (again)- another last book of a trilogy! 

The completed Penryn and the End of Days trilogy

"Men, Women and Children." - Chad Kultgen. I watched the movie and it compelled me to read the book. Definitely one of the weirdest things I've ever read...


"A Long Way Down" - Nick Hornby - another book I bought after watching the film - have yet to read it


These last four books I picked up at a garage sale for a total of two dollars... they were fifty cents each! And all in pretty good condition so I was ecstatic over this find, especially since hardback covers are usually quite expensive. 

"Eyrie" - Tim Winton

"Us" - David Nicholls. I had actually been wanting to buy this book so I was so happy when I found it

"The Book of Strange New Things" - Michael Faber. Just look at the cover, just LOOK at it. 
And finally, "The Casual Vacancy" - J.K. Rowling

That comes to the end of my book haul - I did warn you it was massive. I honestly think I should start up a support group for people who can't stop buying books. I can't be alone on this :( At least I donated a minimum of fifteen books. However, I still have a feeling I'll be needing another shelf really soon despite the fact there's virtually no room for it. This is why having a library would solve all my problems. One day I tell myself, one day. Hope you guys are doing well! Happy reading, love Thy xx Also, please let me know if you'd appreciate me doing a type of book recommendations post! 



No comments:

Post a Comment