Pages

Instagram

Tuesday 3 February 2015

Sydney: Part II of II

Hellooo everyone part II of Sydney travels is here; yay!

We all know the trip to the Sydney Opera House was going to be inevitable. I feel like I'd appreciate the structure more if I was actually going to see a performance there but nevertheless, the weather was perfect that day so shameless tourist photos were definitely in order. However, we didn't spend long at the Opera House before we took a 20 minute ferry ride to Manly beach. I really wish Brisbane had a beach that close to the CBD. So envious :(
It is extremely rare that my panoramas actually turn out so I'm very proud of this 
View of the Opera House from the ferry
If I had a dollar for every selfie stick I saw...
The water was way too cold to swim so eating ice cream sufficed as a beach activity
The prettiest bike ever *-*
New Year's Eve was my last full day in Sydney and it was one of my favourite days of the trip; Wendy & I visited Hyde Park (and took so many photos hahaha). We also went to the National Art Gallery of NSW where we saw the Pop to Popism Exhibition. My favourites had to be the iconic prints of Marilyn Monroe by Andy Warhol and 'In the Car' by Lichenstein, which was insaaaanely detailed. It was so surreal to see actual pieces of artwork that you're so accustomed to seeing in print; it's hard to comprehend that it's right in front of you. Sadly, we couldn't take our own photos due to copyright reasons :( 

 
Art Gallery of NSW


Later that night, I accompanied Wendy to her friend's house close by for NYE. I had no one idea who anyone was and couldn't be further out of my comfort zone than if I was in a cat cafe (fyi I'm terrified of cats). But thankfully, everyone turned out to be really friendly and I had a good night that ended with watching the fireworks on TV. I really wanted to go see the actual fireworks but I saw people lining up super early when I went into the city at around 12pm. Waiting for 12+ hours is a kind of patience I simply don't have. 

That's all for now of Sydney, I reaaally hope to go travelling soon. Thank you for reading :)
Much love Thy, xx 

2 comments:

  1. Nice outfit and the pictures too <3 I think it was a great time for you!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete